Research - for English speakers
Research at the Hospital of South West Jutland
Researchers at the Hospital of South West Jutland in Denmark's fifth biggest city Esbjerg
The Executive Board at the Hospital of South West Jutland has the overall responsibility for the research conducted in the hospital. The CMO represents the Executive Board in the hospital’s Research Strategy Board, and together with the Head of the Research Centre they represent the hospital in the region’s Research Strategy Board.
The Hospital of South West Jutland collaborates closely with the Department of Regional Health Research (IRS) at the University of Southern Denmark (SDU) in conducting high quality research. The Head of IRS is a member of the hospital’s Research Strategy Board.
Get in touch with the Management of Research:
Research Groups or Areas
The research conducted between the Hospital of South West Jutland and University of Southern Denmark is directly linked to the clinics, which creates an ideal framework for translational research resulting in improved patient care.
There are many different research units, groups and academic staff conducting research in their own medical or surgical specialities, or health specific areas. For more information regarding the individual research areas, publications, possibility to collaborate, please see the details below.
Get in touch with our researchers via our respective Research Leads in the following areas:
- Thrombosis - Research Unit
- Acute Medicine - Research Unit
- Gastroenterology - Research Group
- Maxillofacial Surgery - Research Group
- Cardiology - Research Group
- Health Sciences - Research Group
- Occupational Medicine - Research Group
- Endocrinology: Bariatrics and Diabetes - Research Group
- Endocrinology: Osteoporosis and Calcium Metabolism - Research Group
- Orthopaedic Surgery - Research Group
- Otorhinolaryngology - Research Group
- Operational Research
- Radiology and Nuclear Medicine - Research Group
You can find a list of our current PhD projects here.
If you wish to learn a bit about the organisation of the Danish Health Care System, please find a brief explanation here.
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact Research Support via mail SVSemail@example.com.